Saturn is a beautiful & unique narrowboat.
Whether we're helping to carefully move her to the next event, proudly presenting her to the public or even doing dirty work to maintain her, our team consider it to be a great priviledge to be involved, and usually great fun too!
What could you get by helping us with Saturn?
- Relaxation - doing something completely different to your normal 'day job'.
- Exercise - pulling, pushing, walking, breathing fresh air, talking, painting, fixing things ....
- New skills - from horseboating to working a pair of traditional narrowboats through locks.
- Team work - being part of a friendly group of like minded people.
- Satisfaction - from helping to care for a wonderful piece of waterways heritage.
- Payment - afraid not! But we will try to arrange transport where possible.
And you don't even need to be a member to get involved!
Extra help is always needed and welcomed. Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what you would like to do and maybe when. We'll get back to you asap. We've listed some up and coming opportunities to get involved below.
Saturn's next event is at Trevor, where the boat will visit the old dock next to the Visitor Centre. Volunteers are needed to help man the boat and chat with visitors whilst there and also to help move Saturn to the event. Prior to the move to Trevor there is some preparation work necessary with Saturn. If you would like to help please email email@example.com or contact the persons listed below or any committee member.
|6 May||Boat preparation
||Ellesmere||Tony Lewery 01691 624199|
|7 May||Boat movement||From Ellesmere to Trevor||Bob Jervis 07737 412673|
|13 & 14 May||Boat open days||Trevor||Bob Jervis 07737 412673|