Saturn is a beautiful & unique narrowboat.
Whether we're helping to carefully move her to the next event, proudly presenting her to the public or even doing dirty work to maintain her, our team consider it to be a great priviledge to be involved, and usually great fun too!
What could you get by helping us with Saturn?
- Relaxation - doing something completely different to your normal 'day job'.
- Exercise - pulling, pushing, walking, breathing fresh air, talking, painting, fixing things ....
- New skills - from horseboating to working a pair of traditional narrowboats through locks.
- Team work - being part of a friendly group of like minded people.
- Satisfaction - from helping to care for a wonderful piece of waterways heritage.
- Payment - afraid not! But we will try to arrange transport where possible.
And you don't even need to be a member to get involved!
Extra help is always needed and welcomed. Just email us at email@example.com and tell us what you would like to do and maybe when. We'll get back to you asap. We've listed some up and coming opportunities to get involved below.
Saturn’s next activities are set out below. Volunteers are needed to help move Saturn to the events and also man the boat and chat with visitors whilst on display. Help with the docking in particular would be very welcome. If you would like to help please contact the persons listed below or any committee member.
||Gathering of Historic Boats||Audlem||Bob Jervis|
|29 July||Boat movement||Audlem to Hurleston||Bob Jervis|
|1/2 August||Boat movement||Hurleston to Ellesmere||Bob Jervis|
|10/11 August||Ellesmere Festival||Ellesmere Yard||Bob Jervis|
|12 to 19 August||Docking||Ellesmere||Sue Cawson|